Friday 26 April 2013

New Choons/Video: Splashh - 'All I Wanna Do'

With such a long winded last post I thought I'd keep this one brief. You know when a song feels like its been crafted to put a smile on your face? "All I Wanna Do" does that for me, the band's first widely known song that set the mood for sun in Spring last year. It was a good feeling listening to that song in the sun, so good in fact the band have decided to rerelease it for this Spring! This new version comes with an obvious improvement in production with singer Sasha Carlson's vocals drenched in spacey reverb and the nostalgia its lyrical content describes while the guitar and synth sounds are enhanced adding a new layer of swirly psychedelic cheer. The new video isn't a huge departure from the old one, glimpses of the Hackney based band (now 4 members instead of 2) playing in a small room is paired with footage of them going about town, mucking around and looking like they're enjoying a good dose irresponsible fun. If you're like me it'll have you craving the same thing. The song is will be on the bands forthcoming album "Comfort" released June 3rd on Luv Luv Luv Records.


No comments:

Post a Comment